« Home | Back in L.A., Don't have anything to blog about...... » | Sociological study finds parenthood does not mak... » | To survive stress, keep it brief, study suggests.... » | Let The Games Begin.... » | A good piece on "synthetic" media in the Arab wor... » | Fe Selam Al6a2erah » | Finally a fast connection from Coffee Day on alta... » | Zero Expectations... » | I'm flying to New York on Friday to spend the wee... » | One ordinary woman, one extraordinary legacy. ... » 

Saturday, February 04, 2006 

Riding the Free Waves...


  • Super Bowl broadcast to have 5 second delay. If you don't know what the F I'm talking about, it's in regards to the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show when Janet Jackson's tit popped out on purpose. It only lasted for half a second, in case you sneezed and missed it. Thank you Taliban-like Republicans for your efforts.

  • First it was the innocent butter now it's the embassy. Embassies burn in cartoon protest. Don't get me started...I also enjoyed reading Karim's post on the whole fiasco.

  • Scientists explore effects of emotions.

  • Exposure to blue light enhances alertness.

  • Disposition affects how failure is felt.


  • Personal Footnote:

  • Yup, Riding the free waves after closing my cable account, picking up wireless signals here and there, getting ready for another move. I'm flying to Colorado on Monday to check out schools in Fort Collins and Boulder. I really want to go to school there, mainly because I don't want to stay in L.A. anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love L.A., as a tourist, that is. I'll still come back and visit. I have met great people here. But the train is getting ready to board, or plane, or whatever. I come back from Colorado on Sun, the 12th and get my crap organized and move back to my one and only, Boise. I have gotten so used to moving that decision about it are finalized in just a matter of minutes. It's a curse, I tell ya.

    I actually did post the original pic of the tit, but I kinda chickened out from the fact of having fruits thrown at me from certain people. :p

    Foulla: Thanks..glad to have you back :)

    Hibba: Good to hear that. I don't think I'll ever stop moving. You actually get addicted to it. If you stay long enough in one place you'll get withdrawal symptoms and want to move again...How I do it, you ask? Well, it's easy if you try :p

    you're gonna be back in Boise?? wow!!! I'm excited. I'm also glad to see you bloging again. Good luck in Colorado and see you soon!!!
    BTW, I'm sitting here craving Kabsah for some odd reason... I must be hungry.

    Hey Adri, what's going on? Thanks for stopping by. I'm in Boulder, CO right now. Going back to L.A. next week, gonna pack my shiznet and drive back to Boise. We're gonna party it up..whoo hoo...eh :|

    I'm rocking free wireless too. Shush, let's not broadcast the fact that mooches like us exist. People might take aware our beautiful free wireless.

    Jexebel: I'm gonna tell on you :p
    I do agree, mooching rocks!

    sami, you're going high-tech now that you're a big time journalist. Don't forget the little folk when you replace Bill O Riley on Fox News.

    I love you, too Ali :p
    Bill O'Riley can kiss my ass.

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album