I typed this on my way from Riyadh to New York.
“Is it alright to smoke on this flight?” The guy next to me asked. He also happened to be sitting in my seat. I replied with all baja7ah for the bajee7 of a person I am, “Uh..when was the last time you were on a plane?”
I had fun in Riyadh. Seriously I did. I met up with a lot of friends, ran into old high school classmates, and spent at least an hour a day with the family. I’m still the anti-social weasel in the house. I thought I grew out of it but I guess not. I have a lot of shit to do in L.A. I also need to drive/fly to Colorado to do some graduate school applying. But I have to stop by my old place in Boise, Idaho to pick my winter clothes. I had left them there after knowing that the weather in Southern California hardly ever changes.
I’m going to go ahead and list, in my opinion, the most important, or not, events that had occurred while I was in Riyadh.
- Spent Eid in my family’s hometown, Aldwadmi: Boring as usual.
- Went to Althemamah on a very cold and windy night: We had made plans to go ride those dirt buggy bikes, or whatever they’re called, then do a little bbqing later on that night. Here’s the thing. I got lost while riding the bike, and was left in al63oos (sand dunes) stranded in the starry night trying to find either my friends or my way back. sniff sniff. When I finally stumbled upon the bike rental place, the guy asks for an extra fee for returning the bike late. I was like, F’er, I almost died out there :| And yeah, no bbq, it was freezing.
- Ahilal Vs. Alahli in Riyadh: 4-1….great game. (tough luck Misfer) :p
- The tragic bombings in 3amman, Jordan and the loss of Mustafa Al3aqad (Allah yar7ameh): This man has been trying to paint a good picture for Arabs and Muslims in the eyes of the western media. Killed by the same people he was trying to defend. Again, it comes to tell you how blind terrorism is.
- Met a real old childhood friend of mine: The last time we talked was around 15 years ago when she was in my sixth grade class. I get an e-mail from her. Apparently one of her cousins told her about a blog or something then she found out about mine. I still don’t understand the story exactly, but the moral of the story is, useless blogging pays off in the end…sometimes.
I had the iPod playing in my ears while trying to sleep on this flight, in addition to many failed attempts to fall asleep, this song by M7amad 3aboh starts playing for the first time. It’s called fe selam al6a2rah. Didn’t even know this song was in my list. Pretty good song, btw. Song of the day, because I’m going to be on this flight all day. I’m somewhere over the Atlantic.