« Home | Zero Expectations... » | I'm flying to New York on Friday to spend the wee... » | One ordinary woman, one extraordinary legacy. ... » | Looking for a put-down? Nouns beat phrases. Resea... » | That's What I'm Talking About.. » | 1, 2, 3 Soleils » | Got tagged again.. » | I've been tagged... » | A little inspiration off a Starbucks cup.. » | My BeoBle ! » 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 

  • Finally a fast connection from Coffee Day on alta7lyah street. I miss posting crap here and there. I don't think anything new has happened ever since my last post. I guess I've been reading a few books by Turky Al-Hamad and Ghazy Al-Qusaiby. I read Reeh Aljanah by Turky Alhamad, and it's sure something. I'm also in the process of reading Alsyasah bain alHalal we alHaram by the same author. Salma by Gazy Alqussaiby is a good novel. That's about it.
    My mother place where I usually hang out is at Dunkin' Donuts next to KSU (King Saud University). I like that place because of the usuals who attend almost on a daily basis. Usually they're students, professors, medical doctors, and a few other cases of people who have all the time in the world on their hands, such as myself. The weather here is nice. Haven't witnessed such weather in years. It rained one night, that was sure something. Yeah..like I said, damn, Riyadh turned into a big ass shopping mall. I have a lot of pics to post..maybe later..
    I guess that's about it. Coffee..balout..Playstation...coffee..coffee...etc etc..................

  • WB :) and tc...and post pics! i wanna see Riyadh! i was there when i was...four years old so i don't remember much...and i heard about the shopping malls...good donuts...good shopping :)

    "Salma" is a good choice, much better than "An Apartment Called Freedom". I also recommend reading "Seven" that was published in 1999 if you haven't read it yet.

    Nice to read you here, WB :)

    erzulie: Thanks for the WB :)

    Ancient: I liked Salma. Thanks :)

    Tawfiq: malate minek ya5ee :p

    Foulla: The banning game in Saudi is funny. No rules, no restrictions, nothing. Even Ghazy Al-Qusaiby gets banned from time to time even though he was, and still is, one of the best ministers in the country.

    Farooha: Riyadh is great these days. As for Turki Al7amad's triology, I'm looking for it these days. I found a few books at this place called Almaktabah Alturathyah on aldayree alshargee between ma5raj 10 and 11. Worst case scenario, I'll order them online from this site in addition to ordering Banat Alriyadh cause I still can't find it here :p

    Deedee: Good to hear from you, hun. I found Ree7 Aljanah from that place I told Fara7 about, Almaktabah Alturathyah, but it's in Riyadh. As for Jeddah, I'll ask,

    I really miss that Beautiful Weather! :(

    WELCOME BACK ...
    reading books is the best entertainment ever ! ppl make it sounds bad :P
    enjoy them ...

    We missed you :D
    And the books sounds intresting have fun:)

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album