« Home | 1, 2, 3 Soleils » | Got tagged again.. » | I've been tagged... » | A little inspiration off a Starbucks cup.. » | My BeoBle ! » | Hitting it Solo.. » | Weird thingi over Northridge..UFO? :p » | Got tagged.. » | The Value of.. » | Study reveals 5-year-olds' innate math ability. S... » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

That's What I'm Talking About..


10-18-05_1901
Originally uploaded by obscure_persona.
Thanks for the coffee Bader. I'm going to be in Riyadh soon so I'll take you out for some shawermas from Mama Nourah, or whatever the F you guys are into these days. I received a package full of Arabic coffee from Bader today. Good man.

  • And now for some funny shit from today's comic section in Al-Riyadh (Saudi-based) newspaper by Abdelsalam Alhelayel...



  • Speaking of Saudi cartoonists, I don't know if this is old news or not but I just ran into Daryl Cagel's blog (while I was trying to find the right spelling for Al-Helayel's name..so much for that)..Anyway.. There's a post about Al-Watan's cartoonist, Ali Al-Ghamdi, and his severe cases of plagiarism. I really found it interesting, and there was a comment in there by some teacher in Saudi Arabia who explains how plagiarism is very common in the country. Anyway, it's dated back to May 31, 2005. The title of the posted comment is Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:14 PM
    Subject: plagiarism in Arabia
    . Worth a look at.

  • Can't get enough of Saudi comedy? A Saudi guy walks into a bar....
    Well, most of us have heard about that stupid "Golden List" that popped up during the first municipal elections in Saudi Arabia, which took place last April. The list included names that were favored by "prominent" hardcore conservatives. It was also circulated through SMS and e-mail. To cut the story short, there's a third lawsuit that's being filed against these Bozos. No offense to anybody related to these guys but honestly, if you think the only way to win an election is to join some tea party, then you have no right to run in a nationwide election. It reminds me of the Republican Party. I'd feel sorry for Saudi Arabia if such a party gained power.
  • Well you already know how I feel about the coffee and dates..!
    Then you go and blog about it.. you're evil!

    When are you going to Riyaaaadh! Wait no..Don't tell me..!

    Evil!

    The picture of the dates and the coffee pot is so inviting.enjoy!
    i thaught it's forbidden by law to receive food packages from other countries..how did u get the arabic coffee i just looooooove..miam..miam.
    Foulla

    Leeno: I'm sorry baby doll...I needed something to blog about and I was semi-blank lol

    Foulla: Let's just say I know people in the State Department :p Kidding...well, I think it depends on the kind of food. You know..no seeds or anything like that. I don't think they mind that.

    Hibba: This is some fresh stuff. It took me a while to open it though. First it had that nasty DHL tape. This shit's so strong you can tape bricks together and your house will still be in tact. Then the coffee bags were stapled shut. I barely penetrated that barrier. And finally, the freaking bag was sealed big time. I think the Indian guy working at the bean shop was like..where's this going, to the moon? ok..let me wrap it up for you. And when I finally opened it, the strong aroma exploded. I almost passed out. good stuff.

    I worship 3abdelsalam elhlayyel

    he makes living in this crappy shythole worthwhile

    reg plagiarism.. it was an issue during the summer I even mentioned it in my old blog. I donno where that schmuck Ali alghamdi went.. I sure hope they fired his ass...

    I even read it on slate before it got exposed in Saudi... mn jd kan fashlah

    nestahal!

    Yes ! the hot anorexic chick is back on your blog looool Damn, I'm so pathetic. ANYWAY..did you check out the comment posted by that teacher in Saudi on the blog? He mentions a lot about how messed up the Saudi educational system is, and how it always leads to plagiarism.

    sami,how do ya know the guy who works in the coffee shop is indian.?..i mean,are all workers in KSA indians?
    JUST WONDERING..
    FOULLA

    Foulla: I'm just assuming...and going along with the plot adding characters and the sort. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Indians or anything.

    First of all,,,,who's Bader?....have you been making friends behind my back?! :p

    w'ba3dain yel3an aboo al3'baaar @ Ali Al-Ghamdi's case.....yel3an aboo alfesheelah ya shaii5....

    I think the guy who wrote about teaching in Saudi Arabia teaches in Aramco's CPC (College Preparatory Center) cuz everything he said to describe his workplace matches it!.... He seems pretty new, though.....cuz the one who could've written such a thing back when I was there (1999) is already back to his country.

    Yousef: You know who Bader is. I think you guys met last year or something.
    Anyway, wish daranee 3an salfat Ali Al-Ghamdi..I wasn't aware of it.

    Pete: The coffee you see in the pic, it's not actually coffee..it's oil. We bring it to a boil. Keep it boiling for around 10 minutes. I tell you, good stuff lol :p

    Stable good foreign policy brings stable good economic policy...That's my take on it.

    Thanks for stopping by..

    Yoo Sami,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the cofee, and about the rapping !! .. aah .. mmmm ... yeah it was the stupid indian guy ;p

    Let me know when are you coming back bro.

    BaDeR.

    Bader: sometime next week inshallah..

    Noor: High and hyper, huh...watch Madonna's Ray of Light music video..
    As for hail..I use it..marah lazeeza.

    What's ub babies!

    Noor: 3ala a5er ramadan...hopefully next week...I'm staying for a month..

    la 5ala9 a5er marrah...

    Deedee: ga3ed a7awel at'3ala bas ma nefa3..

    Foulla: I tried to go to her blog but it's not going through. It has happened to me a few times with my own blog. I think the people at blogger.com get together every Friday night and play drinking games. Don't worry, it's going to be back on anytime soon.

    i take it chucky cheese is out of fashion? :)

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album