« Home | Got tagged again.. » | I've been tagged... » | A little inspiration off a Starbucks cup.. » | My BeoBle ! » | Hitting it Solo.. » | Weird thingi over Northridge..UFO? :p » | Got tagged.. » | The Value of.. » | Study reveals 5-year-olds' innate math ability. S... » | This is not the sun. Frozen whole ovary transplan... » 

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 

1, 2, 3 Soleils


  • I've been looking for this album for ages now, and was too lazy to order it from online. I finally stumbled upon it today while I was skimming through Arabic CDs over at Tower Records. This album is one of my all time favorite. A classic if you ask me. It has Didi, Abdulqader, Aicha, and Ya raye7. Cheb Khaled, Cheb Faudel, and Rashid Taha were awesome in that Paris concert. Brings back memories from that cool Cheb Khaled concert I went to when I was in New York last summer. Good times !
  • Lol I love it too! My little brother was obsessed with 3abd il Qader; at first we were singing along in the car but then we got sick of it because that's all he made us hear for a year or so...Btw, notice that Fadhel doesn't know a lot of Arabic; his accent is sort of jumbled when he pronounces certain Arabic letters like the 3ain (i.e. 3abdelqader = "...ubdelkader dawee dawee...") :P

    I was sick of the song when the album first came out back in 98 I think. But it's back baby ! This time for good lol
    Faudel's pretty cool. His voice sounds like my brother right before he hit puberty. Rachid Taha on the other hand sounds like my brother right when he was going through puberty. Then you got Khaled who's voice sounds normalish. That's actually one of the things I like about the album..the different distinct voices going on at the same time.

    you should check out the remix of the clash's "rock the kazba" with rachid taha... AMAZING..

    at first i loved it more than the original.. but then again nothing beats the original

    that's cute..baut i'm surprised ,in general saudi don't like us morrocans and algerians!!
    anyways,nice blog and we share the love of this trio.
    foulla

    i LOVE this album .. actually we loved it so much then that it was almost the only music we played during our graduation party :p.. one of my favourites..what i love the most is the music they play,the first track i guess..+ "comme da bitude" (SPELLING LOL).. and this other song i think its about some morrocan or algerian city i forgot oops lol :/ .. such a relaxing album!! .. i recommend The Gotan Project..different bs amazing music!
    enjoy

    Catch-22: Good stuff...

    Deedee doesn't like Didi? You got to be kidding me, a classic.

    Foulla: I love Moroccans and Algerians. I have a lot of Moroccan friends and we've actually talked about the reasons about false perceptions that Saudis and Moroccans have on one another. We found out that they were over stupid stuff. The bottom line is that not a lot of Saudis know Moroccans and vice-versa. Thanks for stopping by : )

    Nourah: I love how the music is orchestrated in this concert. Very nice.

    Noor: Are you sure you're not schizophrenic? :p
    When it comes to music, I believe it's the language of the world. I listen to everything. If you don't understand the lyrics, you can feel the emotion.

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album