« Home | On the road again...(part 3 or 4) » | I like it...I like it a looot » | Got Tag? » | Zero motivation...someone shoot me... » | Bye Bye City of Angels » | 16th St. Clock Tower Originally uploaded b... » | Stoners? Boulder? Uh..So? » | The Rockies.. » | Riding the Free Waves... » | Back in L.A., Don't have anything to blog about...... » 

Thursday, March 30, 2006 

Episode 1


  • Going back to Colorado had given, yours truly, an opportunity to jump-start his reminiscing.

    I'm back to my temporary mother land, Boise, Idaho. Driving to Fort Collins, Colorado was a bitch. I was planning to drive the entire eleven-hour route, but thanks to Meshal and Fouad's birthday gift, I decided to stop somewhere along the way. Their gift consisted of a delicious, filling dish of fool. For you Arabic speaking audience, you know exactly what I'm talking about. As for my other respected audience, well, I don't know, educate yourselves.

    After a course of fool, Arabs know how to describe that kind of funk. Ask a Mexican how that big-ass bean burrito was and he'll give you a specific diagnosis of what he had just encountered. I'm talking about the severe case of light-headedness, extreme dehydration, and a few yawn attacks. Speaking with authority, that has always been my experience with foolSome victims report hot flashes, but that's yet to be researched. Anywhoo, I hit the road at 5 a.m. driving through what is left of Idaho and heading down south to Utah. Six hours behind the wheel and the symptoms, explained earlier, started to kick in. It was about time to get some rest. I didn't want to die as a martyr for fava beans.

    I've always enjoyed driving cross-country. It gives you a chance to reflect, analyze, and sometimes just to locate a purpose. I have spent the six birthdays on the road. It gets me thinking every time what it really means to turn a year older. This time, it got me thinking seriously on what it means to be 26. I spent the whole drive comprehending it. Do you want to know what being 26 means to me? Do you really, really want to know? Are you asking for the absolute, honest truth? Okay, I'll tell you. It means...hmm...Nothing.

    I decided to stay in Salt Lake City for a night. I found this cheap-looking place, went in and asked if they had any rooms for the night. I didn't ask for the rates initially because I wanted to give the impression that I was interested, and money was not an issue. From the looks of the place, I didn't think it was. After negotiations, I managed to pull of a discount thanks to my nice rack...kidding...it was my birthday, silly.

    To be continued...
  • Happy birthday Sami..
    6 birthdays on the road! wow, all alone kaman?? I can't handel that!!

    -waiting for part two..

    Tawfiq: admant 3ala alfool...take me to algarmooshi when I see you in Riyadh :p

    Foof: Thanks hun...
    It was just this bday by myself..all the others with friends on road trips :)

    3ad ma legait ilah 9a7an fool yetfakh il ba6en! Wow...six years on the road during your bday...well have a good one :)
    Good luck, and take care :)
    ~Moi

    sami, are you saudi arabian?

    Erzulie: 9a7n alfool is one of those little things in life that one must appreciate :)

    Finvery: I sure am. Thanks for stopping by. Come again :)

    Happy Bday !!!!!

    te3eesh llmeeeeaaah !!

    Noor: I'm sure it's in your genes...I heard 7ejazies are the greatest in that respect.

    Itachi: Thanks man...bas meeeah yalba5eel? :p

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album