« Home | An online documentary on hypnosis. Lessons from ... » | Researchers say: "The human brian is still evolvi... » | Anti-war protest set for Sep. 24 Speaking of the ... » | Back... » | On the Road Again..This time for good... » | Saudi Arabia beat South Korea to secure first pl... » | New Internet worm targeting Windows. I'm glad I u... » | Doubt a man’s masculinity and he’ll get macho. Me... » | South Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer ... » | The man who shocked the world. Renowned Muslim Ic... » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 


  • This is not the sun. Frozen whole ovary transplant a success.

  • Saudi women to run for office for the first time.

  • Dr. Mohammed Al-Rasheed of Arab News digs into what makes Saudis different, or not. The article is titled, Are We Saudis Really That Different?


  • Stiff upper lips may impair memories, researchers say.

  • Millennium goals ignore mental health.

  • Delta and Northwest file for bankruptcy.

  • Britney Spears is now mom. Nasty
  • lol "Nasty"...that was a funny

    oops not a funny..I meant funny

    lol well she is really "a" nasty

    Some "Saudis" seem to think they are head and shoulders above the rest of people..they've got distinguished intellectuals mashallah!

    The way he compared urban and Bedu is just so true indeed.

    I liked the article.

    I find it intriguing that most of the Middle East is like that, generally speaking, 5aleejy specifically. 5aleejys compare each other to their neighbors between what they have and what they lack. Amount of oil, sports accomplishments, political ideologies, history, and so on. Even the poorest countries do it, too. It's not that they have anything to brag about, but they're comparing themselves to the other less fortunate out there.

    I have mixed feelings about arab news but the hate mail will keep on flowing

    Hi Abdullah, 7ayak allah..
    Is that in regards to the Saudi women or to the other article about Saudi society? Or maybe both ? lol
    honestly, I have mixed feelings about all news lol...I'm too lazy to analyze stuff...I just post stuff and say..here you go guys...do whatever the hell you wanna do with this crap..that's why there's a comments section here, so you people will let me know what's good or not. Here's the thing everybody..I just post crap to fill in space lol

    Thanks for stopping by, Abdullah...stop by often

    In regards to Britney, we Najdis say..Allah yedeem alni3mah lol

    Sounds white trash to me :p

    It reminds me with "London" that well-built handsome guy in "A Walk To Remember" novel.

    So,it sounds white flower to me :P

    farooha: we say that about something, like food, but it's nasty..allah yedeem alni3mah ..I don't know if you ge9man say it :p

    Aboud: welcome.
    In terms of journalistic freedom, I sometimes feel that the comments made on Arab News, whether they express the mass or not, have had an impact on Saudi journalism. I mean, you would read articles from this paper and you'd be like, wow, do people even censor this? I got to a point where I thought government officials were English impaired. I don't see that in the other Saudi Arabic newspapers. Alwatan wanted to start something but that never lasted lol
    What I'm trying to say is, I think it's good to have a few, extreme views, sneak in the media mainstream from time to time, just to provide the reader with a sense of journalistic freedom, whether it's professional or not. Besides, what is professionalism in a Saudi newspaper ? lol

    Farooha: Not to you ya bogbog 3ainy lol <--- I heard this once in a tamthilyah bdewyah (Bedwin show) (I was going to say Bedwin sitcom but it sounded funny lol). Anyway, walad alshai5 madri meen was saying it to one of the ladies.

    Farooha: Yup..bogbog :p

    Jaded: Thanks for the recap, sista lol

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album