« Home | Saudi Arabia beat South Korea to secure first pl... » | New Internet worm targeting Windows. I'm glad I u... » | Doubt a man’s masculinity and he’ll get macho. Me... » | South Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer ... » | The man who shocked the world. Renowned Muslim Ic... » | Peter Jennings dies at 67. Maggie Mitchell Salem... » | Implanting false memories may help dieters. "Beu... » | Toddlers get a head start on diversity. An articl... » | Personal Footnote:As of today, I have officially ... » | Louvre Islamic wing "will help promote cultural u... » 

Friday, August 19, 2005 

On the Road Again..This time for good...

  • I'm going to hit the road to L.A. in a few minutes. I'm moving for good. Packed as much stuff as I can in my car, had to leave a few stuff in the old place. Here's the thing...I'm taking off just like that. I don't even have a place to stay yet. I'm sick of driving back and forth. I was like..you know what..let's get it over with. Last night I hung out with a lot of friends for one last time in Boise. I said bye to others today. I'm going to miss this place. Boise has been so good to me and so have the people. This place has had a huge impact on the person who I am today. It has also shaped my life to this last moment. I have so many good memories of this place and I'll never forget them and the people. Oh well, I guess I'm used to it. My whole life has been going back and forth to Saudi and the States. And also from state to state. This feeling of "not sticking to one place" is like a brush that has painted the way I see things and the way I deal with people. I came to Boise without knowing anybody. And now, I have this huge social support group of friends that I have had the pleasure of meeting through out my four years here. I guess I have to start over again. L.A. is different though. But I'll get by. I'll be okay.
    The weird feeling is that this whole idea of graduating, getting accepted at another school, moving, leaving friends behind, and all these circumstances has not sunk in yet. I don't know why. Maybe because they all came at once and it's really complicated for my mind to comprehend. I think it's going to hit me once I find an apartment and settle in. I bet I'll be sitting in the middle of the living room in an apartment that has no furniture what so ever and amusingly saying to myself, "What the F did I just do!"
    I know it's for a good cause. Ce'st la vie, as the French would say. I don't know when I'll be back to blogging again. Hopefully soon. Wish me luck. I'm going to update my iPod and take off. Adios Boise, hello real world.

  • I can imagine how does it feel, even though I've never experienced the whole situation.
    I think it's just a one-off situation to your mind and perhaps temporary state..You most likely will need to adapt to the new place with new surroundings..

    I also think being in touch with your friends back in Boise can keep you company and will help you adapt because you will be supported.

    Get ready for this new learning experience and All the best of luck :)

    gotta say it! that was one good post! i feel you man .. good luck .. Allah Ywafgek....
    LOVE CALI!!

    hey there! you are very much missed here in the city of trees and I will miss walking pass the games center and not seeing your smile there gracing the front counter any more. Make sure you keep in touch.
    Good luck with school and everything else you set off to do.

    Besos y abrazos! =)

    Good Luck in your new life bro! I truly honestly totally feel you! I've been through this process too many times already! What happens is that you eventually become immune to homesickness, getting less sentimental in the process (I think). Now I'm getting a heart ache....damn you!

    Don't worry dude you'll do just fine! Actually I think you'll have more fun as a graduate student, especially in a cool place like LA. And if you ever feel LA is not cool enough for you, you could always come visit me at Marmul, Oman.

    Sami,

    Mabrouk on your move. You'll love LA and if you need any contacts at CSUN or in LA please let me know!

    Salam,
    Marcy

    Thanks everybody :)

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album