« Home | Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia take home the King's Cha... » | Titleless... » | Back From New York » | Little Italy » | Night Life in NYC » | Liberty Park » | A Pimp » | The Tipping Point » | *I became bulimic... **You could read minds?!! » | Let it Rain... » 

Monday, July 18, 2005 

  • The author of this blog has a good piece titled, Saudi & the Myth of Constructive Criticism. It talks about the lack of constructive criticism in a closed society such as that of Saudi Arabia.

  • Mohamad Alrumaihi has a good column in today's issue of Arab News in regards to the tragic London bombings. It's titled, Unintelligent but Smart Enemies.

  • I wish my dad would only understand :p .....Computer games 'do have benefits'.

  • Personal Footnote:
    In two weeks, I finish my last class in Boise State University which will then make me an official graduate with a B.S. degree in Psychology...If everything goes well, that is. I'm running into a few crossroads in my life right now. I applied to a bunch of graduate schools for a masters in clinical psychology, got rejected by most, and I'm still waiting on the last four schools. What if I don't get accepted? Well, honestly, I don't really have a concrete plan B. I don't know whether to study again for my GRE (Graduate Records Exam) test, which is a requirement in most schools, because I did miserably on the one I took back in November. Another option might be finding a school that will allow me to take a few graduate courses until I figure out what to do. Reality-checks are really shocking from time to time. I've always planned everything out, and thought I had everything under control. I was confident about it, too. But now, I don't feel that way anymore. Oh well, what ever happens, happens. And like that stupid phrase that everybody seems to be repeating over and over again..."Everything happens for a reason." That's the lamest excuse anyone can offer.

  • Sami, don't get discouraged by grad school junk. i know exactly how you feel, applying to grad school is quite possibly the most stressful thing I've ever had to gear up for. But, as you already know, whatever happens, you'll be fine and you'll know exactly what to do, even if you don't have a plan B.

    hey!! I think i gave you that advice, jerk!! :)

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album