« Home | Let it Rain... » | Pasha or some stupid park in Salt Lake? » | The Boy Who Knew Too Little.. » | Something to Blog About » | Episode 1 » 

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 

*I became bulimic... **You could read minds?!!

  • Tom Cruise , a few days ago, called psychiatry a "pseudo science" on NBC's Today Show with Matt Lauer.

    "Before I was a Scientologist, I never agreed with psychiatry," Cruise said. "And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology. ... And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science." That was in regards to recent criticism of actress Brooke Shields for revealing that she had taken the antidepressant Paxil to cope with postpartum depression. Come on Maverick, you're the Hollywood "hunk", you shouldn't be saying stuff like that. If you really think that psychology/psychiatry is all buff, then why star in Minority Report? I mean, it's all cognitive psychology at its best. Then he started saying crap like, "There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance," and "Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do." Now come on Tom, you're not that high!


  • What is it with stereotypes of psychology and psychologists? I mean, I understand the psychopathic surgeon, the chain-smoking respiratory therapist, and the frigid gynecologist. But why is it that every time you tell someone that you are a psychology major they start acting normal all of a sudden. And if they've known you long enough, they assume you can analyze their personality and tell them who they are and which of the personality clusters they fit in to. Come on people, there's no such thing as analyzing others and predicting their next move. Well, human behavior is innate but you can't expect the next psychologist to storm into your kitchen, find nothing on the stove and say excitedly, " You're going to cook spaghetti, aren't you ! " Forensic psychologists can pick up cues from criminals and psycho/sociopaths which will help them predict the next move. Forensic psychologists don't do what they do because they're good, they do it because the people they're dealing with have a certain degree of psychosis that allows them to leave clues behind. In other words, these criminals are stupid, that's why they get caught.


  • I was talking to a friend of mine today and she asked if I can analyze her personality and I was like..uh..no. Nobody can. Then she said, well you're a psychology major..of course you can do all that. I said, Uh no...besides, I'm not even close to being a professional. She said, still, at least you know some stuff that will help you to analyze me. I was like, "yawn" look, you've known yourself for twenty something years, and you expect someone who barely knows you to tell you what you're all about? You know yourself more than anyone else. That's it.


  • On the same tide, Another friend asked for advice on someone she liked. she said something about me being a psychology major which gives me a better insight. Honey, it's not psychology it's common sense. Just common sense. You don't even need a degree for that. If you like someone, you have to know why you like them. Is it his appearance, his personality, his sense of humor, etc? Generally speaking, I believe girls have a little problem in knowing what they really want from a guy or why they hooked up in the first place. You see, when you ask a guy, "Why do you like her?" Most of the time a guy will give you a straight answer, "She's hot," "She's tall," "She has big boobs," etc. I suppose guys in general don't dig in to what a girl is really about but rather shoot for the shell. Girls on the other hand, I think, just break the shell and look at all the slimy stuff which leaves them confused. For all I know, I'm just talking out of my ass. I honestly don't know. One thing I know for sure is this is my blog and I can say what ever I want. Later :p
  • i LOOOOOVE big boobies....thanks Sami for bringing the pleasant idea to my mind!

    Post a Comment
    100 Years Ago

    About me

    • Name: Sami
    • Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
    My profile

    Photo Album